Thursday, August 20, 2009

I Don't Want To Jinx This But....

I am starting to think Pat Burrell and BJ Upton have turned the corner. Both have been struggling very much this season. We have been waiting the entire season for these 2 players to start to play to their ability, and I am starting to think they are there right now. I even started to think twice about this fact when Burrell flew out with the bases loaded and 2 outs last night. Then I realized it was a hard hit ball, just in the wrong location. They have combined for 4 homeruns over the last 2 games. It's not just the homeruns that have me excited, as Upton was a double short of the cycle Tuesday and his defense is irreplaceable. These 2 players breaking out and continuing to play this well over the next month and a half could be exactly what the doctor ordered to push the Rays over the hump. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

No comments:

Post a Comment